Friday, June 3, 2011

Truly Blessed

This Monday Emily Grace Bourne will be 2 months old. She was born on April 6th at 2:15am weighing 7lbs 13ounces 23inches. I had an excellent labor and was truly blessed by the love and support of my Amazing midwives and my husband Jesse who is always my rock through the whole thing.

Since I had midwives I was able to leave the hospital almost immediately after having the baby.We were home by 4am that morning before Elly had a chance to realize that we were gone. I was very grateful to my wonderful parents and in-laws who would come and take Elly to the park and spend time with her so that I was able to recover and get the rest I needed without feeling guilty that Elly was being ignored. I was also very lucky to have friends who brought me food and took the time to make sure that I was doing well.

Elly is a great big sister and is always concerned when Emily cries – and runs to her saying Emmy sad sad sad – it is so sweet and I cannot believe how blessed I feel to have these wonderful girls in my life. Emily is an excellent baby she sleeps well and has the most beautiful smile, I have fallen in love again – and really feel so blessed to have such an amazing family.

These pictures were taken when Emily was 3 days old by Elizabeth Cranmer.


3 comments:

  1. Hi Jesse and Amanda,
    Emily Grace is just beautiful, and I am so very, very happy for you. Thanks for posting so we can see these sweet little girls. I hate to live so far away. We would love to have you come visit sometime if you need a hotel free vacation down our way! We miss being a part of you lives.
    Lots of love,
    Aunt Jan and Uncle Johnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness--what a gorgeous baby girl!! Just like her big sisters and Momma! It was so fun to see all these beautiful pictures! Hope you are doing well. Wish so much we were a little closer and I could come bring you dinner and snuggle that little darling. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete