Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Something to blog about

I am starting this blog so that I can remember to take the time to write down many of the great moments that our family has. Elly is already three months only and I have not recorded so many of our favorite firsts, so…..please forgive me for playing a little catch up but these stories cannot go untold.

Giving birth to Elly was an amazing experience I was very fortunate to have a great labor and we were all able to come home just a few hours after she was born, Elly was born with jet black hair and lots of it – although Jesse and I went into the hospital having already picked her name Elizabeth (Elly) Kathleen Bourne – It just didn’t feel right after I saw her. Elly went un-named for 10 days, until eventually Jesse said that I just had to pick or he was going to pick for me – So Elizabeth it was and I could not be happier with the choice.

She has been a great baby; she loves to be close to me and cuddled which is great because I just can’t get enough of her even after 3 months I still want to hold her all day. When she was about a month old she would get really frustrated if you left her in the room alone and would pull her hair and start to scream because she was hurting herself and did not understand that she needed to let go – I think this explains her little bald patches now.

She started to smile around 2 ½ months and Jesse and I could not find anything more adorable. Elly always gets very excited when Jesse comes home from school and cannot stop smiling as soon as she sees him.

Elly was a ladybug for Halloween and she was so adorable, I know she will love Halloween one day but for now I think she would be happy if we skipped the whole costume thing – but Mommy just can’t get enough, I was tempted to buy ten costumes just so that I could see her dressed up.

Jesse and I feel so bless to have Elly in our life – she is so much fun and has brought such a gentle spirit into our home.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Amanda and Jesse,
    LOVE y.ur blog and hearing about your little beauty! Wow! She is just darling. Love and miss you.
    Aunt Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the costumes! Elly is just adorable!
    I am so happy you are blogging! Even though I talk to you all the time, for some reason it's entertaining to READ about your life too!
    : )

    ReplyDelete